HALL OF FAME HISTORY
The Portland Roadster Show Hall of Fame was initiated in the early years by Show Chairman Bill Peterson and the Multnomah Hot Rod Council as a special achievement award for the Portland Roadster Show. The Hall of Fame recognizes vehicles that have won Top Awards at the Portland Roadster Show and achieved National recognition or Awards at other major car shows. Once inducted Hall of Fame vehicles may only show as a Hall of Fame display in the Portland Roadster Show and will not be eligible for future judging or prize money. The Hall of Fame may also induct Honorary Members known by their tremendous contributions to the automotive hobby, MHRC and charitable community work. The vehicles ambassador or honorary inductee will receive a jacket and an engraved silver platter in recognition of this very special award.
HALL OF FAME ACHIEVMENT CRITERIA
Vehicle Qualifying Considerations
1. Two ways for a vehicle to qualify
Option 1 The Vehicle must have been awarded one of the three top show awards, or the ISCA Best of Best award at the Portland Roadster Show. The vehicle must be shown at least two times at the Portland Roadster Show.
And the Vehicle must have also won a Top Award** of equal significance at two other Major Shows**.
Option 2 The Vehicle must have been awarded one of the three top awards, or the ISCA Best of Best award at the Portland Roadster Show. The vehicle must be shown at least two times at the Portland Roadster Show.
And the vehicle must also have had a feature article written on it by a nationally recognized Car Hobby Magazine**, and One other Top Award** from a Major Show**.
2. The vehicle must be elevated during its exhibit highlighting its chassis and undercarriage.
3. Vehicle engine and running gear must be fully operational.
4. Applications will require approval by the Advisory committee**.
Honorary Member Qualifying Considerations
1. The Nominee will be an outstanding individual who has made a tremendous contribution to the automotive hobby and/or MHRC as well as charitable community work.
2. Honorary Member must be nominated by an MHRC member to the Advisory Committee** for review and approval.
1. Applications, supporting documentation and application fees must be paid in full prior to being considered for the Hall of Fame by the Advisory committee**.
2. Applications will be reviewed by the MHRC Advisory committee** with a potential interview of the car owner.
3. The MHRC Advisory committee** may consult Hall of Fame members for information about the vehicle, but this is not a requirement.
4. A maximum of two vehicles and two honorary inductees may be inducted in one calendar year.
5. The Hall of Fame application fee will only be charged for vehicles, not for honorary inductees.
**The Advisory Committee will make the final determination on all aspects of vehicle or individual qualification and criteria, and consists of the MHRC Executive board, Portland Roadster Show Chairman and one member of the MHRC in good standing.